INFORMATION FOR GPS
How to refer to Open Door
Open Door Counselling is contracted by the NHS in Birmingham to provide a free and confidential counselling service to young people aged 12-25. Young people must be registered with a Birmingham GP located within one of the following CCGs:
- Birmingham South Central
- Birmingham Cross City
- Sandwell and West Birmingham (West Birmingham ONLY)
To refer someone for counselling, please complete our online referral form. Please make sure you complete all sections of the form, then click on submit to send it via our secure email address.
[Please note that we no longer accept faxed referrals.]
Once we have received the referral from you we will:
- place the young person on our waiting list
- offer six sessions of person centred counselling
- notify you once the young person has ended with us
- share with you any safeguarding concerns that may be identified.
If you have any questions please feel free to get in touch before making your referral.